Monday, March 25, 2013

Bay Bridge Lights


This is a HDR image of the San Francisco Bay Bridge, with an art project lighting up the cables that connect the towers. This is a project that will go on for two years, to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Bay Bridge. The cost of the project was 8 million dollars all funded by the artist, and the lights during the span are never supposed to repeat their pattern.

I got lucky to get this shot, on the night I went up there, there was a world wide darkness, I don't recall what the occasion was but even Las Vegas was dark. So when I arrived here the lights were not running so I didn't think I would get the shot. I stopped in for a bite to eat, and by the time I came out the lights were on.

If you would like to see a full resolution version, or purchase a copy, visit our website at stoutandstout.com

No comments:

Post a Comment