Monday, June 6, 2011

Doom and Gloom


This is a one shot HDR, and was then converted to Black & White, of downtown San Francisco. This was shot from a boat coming back from Alcatraz.

The day started off very nice and sunny, but on the way back from Alcatraz the weather changed to a gloomy feel. Converting it to B&W really brought out the gloominess of the day.

If you would like to see the full resolution version of this image, or you would like to purchase a copy, please visit our website at stoutandstout.com

4 comments:

  1. May I use the image in a book I am writing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, thanks for your interest in my photo, I would like to ask a few questions first.

      What type of book is this going to be? How many books are going to be published? Where will they be sold? Where in the book would my photo appear? Would there be attribution to me? Finally how much will you be offering to use this photo?

      Delete
  2. Chris,
    I too am interested in using your "Doom and Gloom" photo for a book. It would be on the cover of a fictional suspense psychological thriller novel. It would be published through Amazon. You would get credit for the photo. The price for using is negotiable. Please, let me know what you think.

    Ps. did you already give rights to the other author who wanted to use it in his book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      Thank you for the interest in my photo for your book. To answer your question no, I never came to an agreement with the other author for his book.

      What you are proposing does sound interesting to me, please contact me at my email, cstout21@yahoo.com so we don't have to continue this conversation on this public forum.

      Please let me know the amount you had in mind to pay and we will see if we can come to an agreement.

      Thanks again.

      Delete